We spent 8 years building the Impact Harness. We don’t want to brag, but the Romans only spent 7 building the Colosseum
That’s 8 years of trying, failing, learning, planning, engineering and crash-testing car harnesses, and it’s all gone into the Impact Harness. It uses a single piece of tubular webbing with reinforced bar tacking. The result? A veritable monument to safety and comfort, built to the standards the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards created for child restraint systems. It’s our magnum opus.
- Crash tested with simulated dogs up to 108-lbs.
- Constructed of a single piece of 4,000 pound tubular webbing with reinforced bar tacking
- All steel nesting style buckles and hardware
- 4 adjustment points for a near perfect fit on all shapes and sizes
- Fully integrated into your vehicle’s seatbelt system, requiring no additional straps or attachments
- Leash attachment on back of harness
- Recommended as a car travel safety harness only
- This harness has been tested at an established University testing facility using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for child restraint systems. It has been tested with simulated crash test dogs.
- Spot clean or hand wash. Air dry
- Product instructions and care
The webbing on the harness is one single piece so the harness is very adjustable to different proportions. We recommend selecting a size based on the weight of your dog. Please size up if your dog is on the edge of the weight range.
Small: 10-25 pounds (5-11kg)
Medium: 25-50 pounds (11-23kg)
Large: 50-75 pounds (23-34kg)
XL: 75-108 pounds (34-47kg)
Crash Testing Information
Our Impact harness has been tested up to 108 lbs. at an established University testing facility using the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard for child restraint systems. See below for a link to the crash test report and videos for specific harness sizes and results.
Our Impact Harness initially passed for dogs weighing up to 130lbs at the University of Michigan testing facility in 2016. Since then, we’ve refined our dog dummy for accuracy, and improved our testing standards. The Impact Harness passed the crash test at Calspan in 2020 for dogs weighing up to 108 pounds using current PPSC testing guidelines. The new crash-test dog dummy has been vetted and will be the standard going forward for PPSC tests. In our effort to act as a leader in the dog safety space, we will continually update our crash-testing methods as industry standards change.
Crash Test Videos